Sunday, September 12, 2010

8 Months Old

Today I turned 8 months old. I started my morning out by waking up at 7:30am (sleeping for 11.5 hours) which is very normal for me. I nursed first thing this morning and had some snuggle time with Mama. By 8:00am I was ready to begin my day by having some rice cereal with fruit. Then we played. When I got tired and was ready for a nap, Daddy took me on a stroller ride. This is one of my favorite things to do. The cool breeze and warm sun puts me right to sleep as I doze off looking at all of the leaves on the trees. I normally sleep anywhere from 1-2 hours in the morning. I am still having 6 ounces of milk every 3 hours. When I am at school I have cereal again early afternoon. My afternoon naps are much shorter, sometimes only 20-30 mins. There is just too much going on when you are 8 months old. Anytime between 5:30pm and 6:00pm I have dinner. I am now eating about 4-6 tablespoons of a fruit and 4-6 tablespoons of a veggie at dinner. Mama gives me a cup of water every night. I prefer to use it as a teether instead of drinking the water. I have also started to snack on puffs and yogurt melts.

In the last couple of weeks I have went from inchworm crawling to crawling on all fours. I can also pull myself up to a standing position on almost anything. I have had a couple of accidents. One accident report came home from school. I was trying to pull myself up holding onto the little table and my fingers slipped and I fell backwards and hit my head. I only cried for a minute and there wasn't even a bump when Mama came to pick me up. Last night I was standing at my learning table and I fell and hit my eye on the leg of the table. This morning when Mama was washing my face we noticed my eye had a bruise on it. I didn't seem to mind though.

I prefer to walk holding onto your fingers anywhere I go. This is fun but Mama, Daddy and GiGi say it hurts their back. I think they are just whiners. ;)

Last week at our breast feeding support group I weighed in at a whopping 17 lbs 12 oz, must be all of that good food I am getting these days. I don't have to go back to the doctor for another month so I am not sure how long I am or what percentiles I am in right now.

I am talking a lot more lately. I tend to repeat my "L" and "B" sounds. I also like to blow raspberries. Mama says I have a soft sweet voice. GiGi says she only hears me growl (which I like to do too) :)

Banging toys together or on the table/floor is probably my favorite thing to do. Making music with rattles or anything I can shake is also fun.

I don't have stranger anxiety yet but I do have separation anxiety when left alone in a room. This is not fun for my parents as I tend to cry like my heart was just broken and I get huge alligator tears, even if only left for a moment. Mama is hoping this stage passes quickly.

Here are my 8 month pics w/ Mr.Bear.in.the.chair (I was not too excited tonight about this photo shoot, sorry there are not any gummy grins)





No comments:

Post a Comment